Chrysler 300 Forum - Forums and Owners Club!

Go Back   Chrysler 300 Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Chrysler 300 Forum - Help Zone - Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions

Notices

Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions Discuss any Chrysler 300 mechanical problems/questions in this forum. Engine, trans, supension, body, interior moving parts, interior/exterior trim panels, etc.

Latest Vendor News!
AutoAnything

Old 01-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Chrysler 300 Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 300
Trim Level: 300
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:78
oguinstudking will become famous soon enough
Default Thermostat replacement

where is the thermostat on the 2.7 v6 because i can not find it....
Old 01-03-2010, 03:37 AM

Vehicle Year: Gen1 - 2006
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:3806
FEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond reputeFEDGE has a reputation beyond repute

Im wondering the same thing for the 3.5L! I have a new t-stat, seal, and rad cap all waiting to be installed. I just went downstairs to my car and couldn't find it.

I watched a vid on LX forum for the 5.7L thinking it might be similiar. Not a chance. I'll be waiting for anyones answer.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Boricua, Mi Orgullo

Vehicle: '10 Jeep Patriot
Trim Level: Limited
Rep:3680
DaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond reputeDaveDees has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, just a guess, I would imagine it's at the end of either the top or the bottom radiator hose that connects to the engine. Different versions of the 2.7 have it on the top hose others have it on the bottom hose.

Found this bit of info: The thermostat on the 2.7L and 3.5L engines are located on the lower left side of engine, near the front.
The thermostat on both engines are on the inlet side of the water pump.

Are you a Newbie, if so introduce yourself here: Newbie Check-in
Need to know the rules on here, check this out: Forum Rules
Wondering how to do anything to your ride, here are the answers: Chrysler 300 Knowledge Base
Here are the criteria for posting, PMs: Membership Levels
Bump up your support: Subscriptions
[OlllllllO]

Still a member of The BB Cult!!

Last edited by DaveDees; 01-03-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: To add info
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 300C SRT8
Trim Level: 300C SRT8
Rep:5865
Cibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond reputeCibalo has a reputation beyond repute

it's gotta be in there somewhere. look where dave is pointing you
Old 01-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Color: Bright Silver
Rep:0
Quiet is an unknown quantity at this point

What Dave said!

Take a look at the attached document.

Last edited by Quiet; 06-27-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Chrysler 300 Forum Member

Vehicle: Dodge Charger SRT8
Trim Level: Charger SRT8
Rep:2106
check6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond reputecheck6x has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a 180 degree stat and get the code for engine too cold.

Sig by Sniper
Gasoline is a highly taxed drug
Old 01-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Bagged & Dragged :)

Vehicle: SINISTER STEEL
Trim Level: 300C SRT8
Color: Silver Steel
Rep:4361
HEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond reputeHEMIPHIL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by check6x View Post
I went to a 180 degree stat and get the code for engine too cold.
Must have been a cool day out your way then Ray? I get that P0128 code all the time in the early spring, and late fall. You just have to let your ride warm up a little bit.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2005 300C
Vehicle Year: Gen1 - 2005
Trim Level: 300C
Rep:1715
trs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oguinstudking View Post
where is the thermostat on the 2.7 v6 because i can not find it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDGE View Post
Im wondering the same thing for the 3.5L! I have a new t-stat, seal, and rad cap all waiting to be installed. I just went downstairs to my car and couldn't find it.

I watched a vid on LX forum for the 5.7L thinking it might be similiar. Not a chance. I'll be waiting for anyones answer.

The 2.7 and 3.5 motors come stock with a 180 Deg Tstat. Why are you replaceing them?

Last edited by trs300; 01-04-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:78
oguinstudking will become famous soon enough

My t-stat was stuck open. i just replaced it. 11hr JOB. But then again I'm slow. Follow the bottom radiator hose(mine was on the driver side) from the bottom of the radiator to right behind the powersteering pump. Yes the t-stat housing is almost up inside the motor. I had to pull the ****ing ac compressor off just to get to one of the bolts. What a pain in the ass and it probably wouldve have cost me $500 in labor to have it fixed. It took me all day to find out that my original stock t-stat was defective. The rubber seal inside the t-stat that helps it seal when the t-stat shuts had come apart and got wedged in the valve keeping my t-stat from closing. I have a good mind to drive down to my chrysler dealership and have them reinburst me for my time and effort. Maddog those directions are easier said than done. GAHHHHHHH!!!! I need a beer!

ps. btw i googled my motor a thousand times and could not find a website to tell me where my mutha ****in t-stat was located, but thanks to me all yall v6er's know how to find that stupid bitch of a t-stat housing.

Last edited by oguinstudking; 01-04-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: bullshit
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2005 300C
Vehicle Year: Gen1 - 2005
Trim Level: 300C
Rep:1715
trs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant futuretrs300 has a brilliant future

Sounds like it was a huge P.I.T.A. of a job. But congratulations on finding and fixing your problem. Good job!